Total Pageviews

Friday, November 2, 2012

Buckminster & Amber - 9






            “Bucks, it’s not that bad,” I tell him. “Look, there’s even carpet in this room, and they have left this scratching thing for us. It’s better to be happy.”
            “Right. I’m so damn happy after spending 3 hours in a locked bedroom for Halloween—what fun. We’ve been living in an ongoing catastrophe since June, and you don’t seem to know it, Amber.”
            MeeYow. You always see the dark side, Bucks. Go have some nip.”
            “I’m out of catnip and the servants are ignoring me. I want things back the way they were.” I want out of here . . . that’s what I really want. Of course I can’t tell her.
            “This too shall pass, Bucks.”
            Right . . . my furry philosopher. Replaced with something worse," I say. "That’s what will happen. Things keep getting worse.”
            “The servants are just busy and confused,” I tell him. Bucks seems so depressed. I don’t know what to do, and worry he might . . . I don’t know . . . do something catastrophic.

No comments:

Post a Comment