Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Introverts - Part 5


There are more of us than you imagine
Like a rare old vintage wine
We’re hiding in the basement
But delightful when you find
.
I found these last night:

From: “What I Talk About When I Talk About Running”
I’m the kind of person who likes to be by himself. To put a finer point on it, I’m the type of person who doesn’t find it painful to be alone. I find spending an hour or two every day running alone, not speaking to anyone, as well as four or five hours alone at my desk, to be neither difficult or boring. I’ve always had this tendency ever since I was young, when, given a choice, I much preferred reading books on my own or concentrating on listening to music over being with someone else. I could always think of things to do by myself.
          Haruki Maurakami

 “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”
          Audrey Hepburn

“Writing is something you do alone. It’s a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don’t want to make eye contact while doing it.”
          John Green

“There is no doubt that solitude is a challenge and to maintain balance within it a precarious business. But I must not forget that, for me, being with people or even with one beloved person for any length of time without solitude is even worse. I lose my center. I feel dispersed, scattered, in pieces. I must have time alone in which to mull over my encounter, and to extract its juice, its essence, to understand what has really happened to me as a consequence of it.”


        May Sarton

 “We need solitude, because when we’re alone, we’re free from obligations, we don’t need to put on a show, and we can hear our own thoughts.”


          Tamin Ansary 


As regards intellectual work it remains a fact, indeed, that great decisions in the realm of thought and momentous discoveries and solutions of problems are only possible to an individual, working in solitude.” 


          Sigmund Freud 

 “A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.”
          Mandy Hale 

 “As a child I suppose I was not quite normal. My happiest times were when I was left alone in the house on a Saturday.”
          Charles Bukowski 


Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment | Edit

No comments:

Post a Comment